Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Break the Habit with your Public Speaking

I pulled up to a rest area, got some gas, and in the middle of watching the news I realized I was watching TV while I was pumping gas. I had never seen a TV at the gas pump before and I was shocked that I just found myself enthralled in the program without realizing the fact there was something I had not seen before. In the middle I said to myself, “Wait a sec, I’m watching TV.... at a gas station!”

Are you so used to watching TV that it has become an automatic habit. When you speak in public you have automatic habits that you are not aware of. Start paying attention to what you do during your presentation and if you discover a habit that could be distracting to your audience, stop doing it.

Free public speaking skills tips: www.JackiRose.com
 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP