Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Monday, June 29, 2009

Your Audience Likes You More Than You Realize

Halle Barry was nominated for an Oscar and was at Oprah Winfrey’s house the night before the Oscar Awards took place. Oprah asked Halle the following question: “Did you write a speech?” Halle said “no”. Oprah replied: “write a speech” Halle responded: “No. I’m not going to win.” Well she did win and guess what she said after the fact “I wish I had written a speech because I ended up going on and on. I wish I could have been better and remembered to thank the people I really wanted to thank.”

Once you’re on stage, you forget. Public Speaking can cause excitement and anxiety which makes it difficult to collect your thoughts on the spot. If you prepare your speech ahead of time, you will be able to present all the material you want and need to for your audience and you won’t be regretting it later.

Free PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS tips: www.publicspeakingskillscoach.com
 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP