Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Speak Through Your Fear

When I entered the world of professional speaking I had no interest in speaking internationally. It sounded to complicated, too scary, and I just didn’t think it was for me. In fact, whenever I read my speaker’s magazine and listened to the audio CD of all the tools of growing your speaking business, I always skipped over the part about speaking Internationally. It did not apply to me. I was never going to be an International Speaker – never, ever. But, one day I received an email from a seminar company in Asia. They invited to conduct a training program in Singapore and Malaysia. I was suddenly interested. Maybe because they were interested in me. For the first time, I could see myself speaking Internationally. Was it because I had an opportunity to do it and I didn’t have to go looking for it. Was it because someone had faith in me. Or was it because, I’m the type of person who likes to experience new things. Possibly, all three. My point here is, when you have an opportunity to give a presentation to an audience or on a topic that you could never imagine yourself doing, why not take a chance and go for it.

My trip to Asia was amazing! I had a great time from beginning to end and it was an experience I will cherish forever. I may even go back! I no longer have a fear of speaking Internationally. If you have a fear of public speaking, then speak. Speak, speak, speak and then speak some more. The more you do anything the less fearful you will be. Be open and receive what comes your way. It just may be coming your way for a very good reason.

Free PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS tips: www.publicspeakingskillscoach.com
 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP