Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Public Speaking Humor vs Serious

At a recent speaking engagement where I spoke about the 5 tips to speaking with PEP (Power, Energy, and Passion), I received a question that was very interesting to me.

The question was, "How can I be less funny and more serious?"

I answered his question with a question "ARE YOU NUTS?"

But then again I can understand why he asked it. It seems as if almost every presentation today in the work place is very serious. Why is that? I do not know, but I do know that if you are funny, if you let your true personality shine, and if you try NOT to be so serious, your message will get across more effectively. Humor keeps your audience engaged, attentive, and more open to what you are presenting.

The next time you give a presentation, try to be less serious, not more serious! You just may be amazed of the results.

More tips at: www.publicspeakingskills.biz


 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP