Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Using Props for Public Speaking

I once saw a speaker with a tray of props, which can be great. The problem was, she would say what she wanted to say about the prop, then search in her box of props for the actual prop while saying “where is it, I thought I put it in here, maybe I don’t have it, I can’t find it.” Eventually she found it. This went on for just about every prop. If she had prepared ahead of time and put her props in the order she was going to show them, then the presentation would have gone a lot smoother. If you have props and don’t prepare, not only will your presentation not run smoothly, but you will waste time, and you may lose the interest of your audience.

More tips at www.publicspeakingskills.us
 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP