Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Is Talking Faster The Answer when Presenting?

Recently I saw someone speak who had 20 minutes. When the card went up to let her know she had 10 minutes left, she was shocked and said, “10 minutes, really?” Then she said, “I better talk faster.”

Soon the card went up to again. This time it read that she had 5 minutes left. She couldn’t believe it, only 5 more minutes! She spoke even faster.

Most people don’t realize how fast time goes by when they are presenting.

The advice I give my clients who want to improve their public speaking is to prepare for a 10 minute presentation that you could give in 20 minutes. This way, you can take your time, make it interactive or have time for questions, and get everything said that you want to say (and that needs to be said) to get the results you want from your audience.

More public speaking tips: www.jackirose.com
 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP