Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Friday, June 15, 2007

Communication Has Nothing To Do With Words

Public speaking skills has everything to with effective communication.

Do you have a pet? Do you communicate with your pet? Does your pet communicate with you? Do you know what your pet wants by the sounds, body language, and looks that you get from him/her?

When you present, you need to have the emotion come through in your voice and your body language for your audience to understand the message you are trying to communicate. Public speaking skills has little to do with words, and everything to do with how you present those words.

It also has a lot to do with body language. My cat and I are very close. We are madly in love with each other. However, whenever I talk, she makes it apparent that she doesn't like it. She usually jumps up and runs away. But if she climbs up on my lap then up to my shoulder, I know she just wants to be hugged.

More short tips
 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP