Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Friday, December 08, 2006

It's Not So Bad

Recently I met with a client who had cancelled our first session about 6 or 7 times. We finally met and it was a success! Maybe the delay was due to him being afraid of what may happen when he presented in front of me. After all he was paying me to critique him. Maybe he was afraid of what I may say, how he may feel, and how he would appear.

After the session he realized there was nothing to fear at all. He said he felt bad about delaying our meeting so many times. He realized how much he improved in just one session and realized he could have been approving all along over the past few months. But of course, better late than never. This may be a cliche, but it is so true.

What are you putting off because of your fears? If you are avoiding speaking in front of a group of people, I suggest you face that fear head on. You most likely will see that you had nothing to worry about at all.

For more tips on public speaking skills
 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP