Public Speaking Can Be Fun

Free Public speaking skills tips, techniques, and advice by presentation skills expert Jacki Rose, Top Performance. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP

Monday, October 04, 2010

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

I'm at Barnes & Noble, there is a girl talking on the phone to a potential client. She is talking, talking, talking, talking. She's not even taking a breath or stopping to pause. She is just giving this poor person on the other end of the phone tons of information. No matter how great the information is, she is unaware that people have very short attention spans, and the person on the other end is just not getting it all. When she finally stopped talking to see if the other person was still on the phone, I heard her respond to the client with, "I understand how you can find this overwhelming, but trust me it really isnt'." I tend to doubt it. It's overwhelming for me and I'm not even listening to what she is saying!
 
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/PresentwithPEP